THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY, AND THAT THE ITEM WILL BE DISPATCHED JUST BEFORE THE LISTED RELEASE DATE.
SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.
PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER FOR PRE-ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS SHIPPED SOONER.
After the fall of Napoleon, the Restoration begins. Fulvio (Marcello Mastroianni, La dolce vita), an aristocrat who has dedicated his life to the revolution has become disillusioned and his cowardice keeps him from joining his comrades. As he struggles to manage his evasion and lies he gets swept up in a suicidal uprising in Southern Italy. Stunningly photographed with lush period detail and featuring the Taviani brothers' trademark magic realism and absurdist irony, Allonsanfàn has Mastroianni on top form as the reluctant insurgent and one of Ennio Morricone’s finest scores. Radiance Films is proud to present this essential film on Blu-ray for the first time in the world.
LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
- New 2K restoration of the film from the original negative, presented on English-subtitled Blu-ray for the first time in the world
- Original uncompressed mono PCM audio
- Audio commentary by critic Michael Brooke
- Archival interview with the Taviani brothers by critic Gideon Bachmann in which they discuss filmmaking approaches, the role of the director, the future of cinema and more (57 mins)
- Original trailer
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Reversible sleeve featuring designs based on original posters
- Limited edition booklet featuring new writing by Italian cinema expert Robert Lumley and a newly translated contemporary interview with the Taviani brothers
- Single pressing of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings
Single Pressing: Unlike our limited editions a single pressing will not be re-issued as a standard edition, this is the only pressing made and will be deleted once sold out. Single pressing releases are made available under special circumstances of our license agreements.
This item is included in the Bundle Package "2024 Bundle", you will receive this release by ordering this bundle.
Also available in USA/Canada from our partners MVD, Diabolik, Orbit, Grindhouse and others
Release date: 26/02/24
Press & Awards:
Official Selection - Cannes Film Festival Director's Fortnight, Locarno International Film Festival, International Film Festival Rotterdam, BFI London Film Festival
“A film of extraordinary density and allusiveness from its opening moments, a torrent of baroque images, extravagant musics and stylistic rhetoric, posited somewhere between 19th-century melodrama and popular opera…The result may be somewhat muted politically, but it’s aesthetically thrilling.” - Monthly Film Bulletin
"A film with an even greater thrust of excitement than the Tavianis' subsequent Padre Padrone." - Time Out
"a much richer film than a simplistic political reading permits. Mastroianni could hardly be more perfectly cast" - Sight & Sound