O.C. and Stiggs (LE)
O.C. and Stiggs (LE)
The Utterly Monstrous, Mind-Roasting Summer of O.C. and Stiggs
O.C. and Stiggs are a pair of sharp teens who carry out a vendetta against middle-class neighbour Mr. Schwab as his insurance company has cancelled O.C’s grandfather’s retirement policy. From characters created by Ted Mann and Tod Carroll of the National Lampoon (the magazine that ushered in the biggest comedy of the era in Animal House), Robert Altman brought O.C. and Stiggs to the screen, a blazing satire of 1980s America. A precursor to delinquent characters like Wayne and Garth and Beavis and Butthead the film has been described as “cooler than Ferris. As savage as the Heathers” (Hunter Stephenson). Beautifully shot with visual anarchy to match its acerbic screenplay, O.C. and Stiggs features a sensational cast including Jane Curtin (Third Rock From the Sun), Paul Dooley (Sixteen Candles), Jon Cryer (Hot Shots!), Dennis Hopper (Blue Velvet), Melvin Van Peebles (Sweet Sweetback’s Baadasssss Song) and others, presented on Blu-ray for the first time.
BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
- High-Definition digital transfer
- Uncompressed mono PCM audio
- The Water is Finally Blue - The Untold Story of Robert Altman’s O.C. and Stiggs: A new documentary on the making of the film by writer Hunter Stephenson featuring audio interviews with stars Daniel Jenkins, Neill Barry, Paul Dooley, Martin Mull, Tiffany Helm, Victor Ho, producer Peter Newman, production manager Allan Nicholls, artistic consultant Stephen Altman and National Lampoon expert Josh Karp (2023, 129 mins)
- New interview with camera operator Robert Reed Altman (2023, 11 mins)
- Gallery of rare photos from the collection of the University of Michigan
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Time Tomorrow
- Limited edition 32-page booklet featuring new writing by critic Brad Stevens and archival writings by Robert Altman about the film and his approaches to filmmaking
- Limited edition of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings
This item is included in the Bundle Package "Jun-Dec 2023 Bundle", you will receive this release by ordering this bundle.
Release date: 17/07/23