Tony Arzenta (LE)
Tony Arzenta (LE)
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY, AND THAT THE ITEM WILL BE DISPATCHED JUST BEFORE THE LISTED RELEASE DATE.
SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.
PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER FOR PRE-ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS SHIPPED SOONER.
Alain Delon (Le Cercle Rouge) stars as efficient and ruthless mob assassin Tony Arzenta. With a young family, Tony wants to leave his life of crime to ensure his young son will not get caught up in the revenge killing that so often accompanies people in his position. But the bosses don't make it easy and Tony finds himself on a bloody mission that takes him across Europe to eradicate his former employers. Delon delivers a haunted performance that is as stoic as the iconic assassin role he played for Jean-Pierre Melville in Le Samourai though firmly within the Italian crime film poliziottesco framework, Tony Arzenta delivers thrilling set-pieces and an emotional core that carries the narrative trajectory to the final nail-biting frame. This underseen crime classic from genre master Duccio Tessari (A Pistol for Ringo, Death Occurred Last Night) features an incredible supporting cast of poliziotteschi regulars including Richard Conte (The Boss), Umberto Orsini (Violent City), Corrado Gaipa (Illustrious Corpses), and many others. Now newly restored it is finally released in the UK for the first time.
LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- New restoration, presented on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK
- Uncompressed mono PCM Italian and English audio options
- Archival interview with Alain Delon in which he discusses his role as a producer, his acting work and collaborators (1973, 12 mins)
- A new interview with Eurocrime authority Mike Malloy on the film’s place within the poliziottesco canon (2024, 11 mins)
- Select-scene commentary with critic Peter Jilmstad on the incredible supporting cast of the film (2024, 53 mins)
- Newly translated English subtitles for Italian audio and English SDH subtitles for English audio
- Reversible sleeve featuring designs based on original posters
- Limited edition booklet featuring new writing by scholar Leila Wimmer
- Limited edition of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings
This item is included in the multi-month Bundle Package "2024 Bundle", customers who ordered this package will automatically receive this release as part of Bundle 3 which includes The Bounty Hunter Trilogy, Tony Arzenta and A Story Written with Water.
Release date: 25/03/24
“No Way Out” [Tony Arzenta] doesn’t play like an Italian crime picture done in the style of J.P. Melville. It plays as if Jean-Pierre Melville came to Italy in ‘74 and made a violent Hit Man movie with his boy Delon. In fact if you want to view the whole film as a de facto sequel to “Le Samurai”, go ahead.” - Quentin Tarantino, Grindhouse Mini Reviews
“From Melville, the story borrows the juxtaposition between the killer/warrior who is loyal to a code of honour and the poisonous, disloyal cynicism of his clients, the Mafia… In place of Melville’s seriousness and abstraction, Tessari astutely chooses to heighten and foreground the violence, echoing Peckinpah, and offer an edgy, elliptical narration”. - Roberto Chiesi, Cinema Ritrovato
“Tony Arzenta is good stuff, an intense and well-made crime thriller with a strong lead performance from Delon, a great supporting cast and really solid production values.” - Ian Jane, Rock Shock Pop